Saturday, July 30, 2005

More Otters

Of otters and the North Fork I received this:

Hi Russell, Mike Case here. Jason and I saw a otter at the end of Green
Valley in the pool at the big log that is wedged up against that giant
boulder. That was 2 years ago. Sounds like they are multiplying!

And this:

Last spring (2004) I was with a small group on the North Fork at the bottom of the Windy Point trail when we saw a pair of river otters. One slipped into the river from a rock and caught our attention. After that we watched them swim up river and play in the pools for several minutes. It was the first time I had ever seen river otters in any of the forks of the American River. Regards, Paul Whiting


Wow, that's really great, the North Fork is getting its otters back!

I like children's books, and one of my favorite authors is Brian Jacques, with his wonderful Redwall series. And in his world of Redwall Abbey, and the hollow volcano Salamandastron, and Mossflower Wood, otters are the good guys, the best of fellows.

Aye, matey!

No comments: